The great Will Eisner would have been 100 years old yesterday, March 6, 2017. Eisner was a comic book pioneer during the Golden Age of Comic Books and is known as the father of the graphic novel. He is certainly one of the most important comic book creators. Eisner created a large volume of work, but is best known for his creation of The Spirit (Denny Colt) who began appearing in weekly Sunday newspaper funny sections on June 2, 1940. We covered the Spirit in the 12th episode of the Golden Age of Comic Books Podcast (audio to be uploaded soon).
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – Batman #18 (Aug.-Sep. 1943) July 9, 2017
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – Whiz Comics #44 (July 1943) July 3, 2017
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – Detective Comics #102 (Aug. 1945) June 29, 2017
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – Whiz Comics #23 (Oct. 1941) June 25, 2017
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – World’s Finest Comics #25 (Nov.-Dec. 1946) June 24, 2017
GAC on TwitterMy Tweets