- All About Carl Barks on the ESO Podcast July 30, 2019
- My Personal Golden Age – Neal Adams on Batman September 16, 2018
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – Batman #18 (Aug.-Sep. 1943) July 9, 2017
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – Whiz Comics #44 (July 1943) July 3, 2017
- GAC Featured Golden Age Cover – Detective Comics #102 (Aug. 1945) June 29, 2017
GAC on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: April 2017
Here’s a terrific WWII cover by the great Alex Schomburg. This issue of Black Terror #5 was published in 1944. Enjoy!
In this issue of World’s Finest Comics #42 from 1949, the Wyoming Kid started as a regular feature in this title. He made his debut in DC’s Western Comics #1 a year earlier in 1948. Enjoy!
I don’t have many slabbed or pedigree comics; however, this Two-Face cover on Batman #50 is both – graded 3.5 by CGC and a Crowley Pedigree issue. This is a really great cover from the Golden Age. Enjoy!
The cover of issue 61 of Superman from November of 1949 doesn’t tip-off the reader to the monumental story that appears inside. This issue not only features the first appearance of Kryptonite in the comic book, it’s the first time … Continue reading
Dick Briefer’s Frankenstein was a “humor horror” title in the early issues. It later changed to an all horror themed book. It’s one of my favorite non-superhero Golden Age series. Here’s issue #2 from 1945. I covered this character in my … Continue reading